April 12, 2015

All My Favorites In One Place


A few years ago, my cousin invited me to try out Pinterest. I got an email and I signed up. I wasn't really sure what Pinterest was for. I signed up and played with it. I honestly didn't know what I was doing back then. What is Pinterest exactly? Well, it's a visual bookmarking tool that helps you discover and save creative ideas.

Around late 2013 / early 2014, I started finding myself on Pinterest almost everyday. I think this was also the time when I needed inspiration the most. I started pinning things I loved from blogs I browse and websites I come across. I also started becoming really conscious of the stuff I put on each board.

After an hour (or more) of reorganising my boards, I finally felt like I could breathe. Everything is in its place. During the time I discovered Pinterest, I also discovered my love for food and still life photography. I used to shoot portraits and fashion but I found myself enjoying food and still life photos more.




I became very fond of browsing photos of food and still life on Pinterest. More browsing later, I had a board called "Styling" and it was full of flatlay photos of food and objects. I think this is probably my favorite from all the boards I created because not only was it a pool of photos that inspire me but it also taught me how to properly arrange and style objects when shooting flatlays. As a food and lifestyle photographer, I think knowing how to style is a plus. I owe it all to the hours and hours spent on Pinterest. 


I would spend hours browsing through blogs (and pinning stuff)
Just like the photo above, I can easily save my favorite photos from Luisa Brimble to my boards.  So it's so much easier to check them out again if I wanted to share it with friends. It also keeps the link where the photo was from so I can easily go back to the blog post!





I think most of my friends know how much I love Pinterest. -- I even bought myself a tablet for it!
If you're not on Pinterest yet and you're curious, you can register HERE (for a limited time only!)


I think I this photo would be different if I didn't learn styling.


Besides styling props and food, there are so many things I learned. Pinterest also helped me develop my style, my love for interiors, and many more things.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there!